Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Exclusive Honeymoon Content!

We drove to Wilmington and got a nice room at the Holiday Inn. The next day, we went to Wrightsville Beach and had a great time in the ocean. I had forgotten how brutal and unforgiving the ocean can be. (Ironically, I am a former sailor). Not to complain though, it was a great time. We sat in the sand looking for sea shells, throwing wet sand at each other, laughing, and not caring what the others around us thought.

After an afternoon swim in the indoor hotel pool, we went to a very nice Korean restaurant for a quiet dinner. We only had to drive past it 3 or 4 times, as well as go all the way across town and back. It was well worth the searching though. The cuisine was nearly perfect. I even let the joke about my big belly made by the Sushi chef slide. He earned the right, I guess.

Afterward, we had a late night walk on the sand, and down the pier. As I write this, it all looks like a bunch of corny stuff, but it really was the time of my life. Side by side with an angel. I couldn't ask for a better wife.

The next day, we took one last walk down the pier, and spent a good part of the day looking around the outlet stores in Burlington, while trying to shake the awkwardness of walking in on a man and a woman at a used clothing store doing what they should have been doing in their bedroom.

That is our honeymoon in a nutshell. The good parts have been omitted due to it being none of your business.

May the force be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment