As the year comes to a close, I have been trying to come up with a list in my head of the best albums of 2010. The hard part was trying to come up with 10 good albums, which I have fallen short. This has been the worst year for music I have ever seen. However, 2011 is shaping up to be a good year for music with anticipated releases from Cake and Radiohead, as well as others.
So, for the benefit of those who humor me by reading these random brain dumps, here is a list of pretty much all the albums I could think of this year that were good. (In no particular order due to the fact that I have not the motivation to organize this list, and also, top 10 lists are kind of lame if it isn't David Letterman doing them).
1. American VI - Ain't No Grave - Johnny Cash -
2. West Coast Seattle Boy - Jimi Hendrix
3. Brothers - The Black Keys
4. Mojo - Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
5. Band of Joy - Robert Plant
6. Emotion and Commotion - Jeff Beck
7. Thank You Mr. Churchill - Peter Frampton
8. Brian Wilson Imagines Gershwin - Brian Wilson
9. You Are Not Alone - Mavis Staples
This year was great for archival releases (Cash, Hendrix), as well as releases from the reliable (Beck, Frampton, Plant, Keys, Petty, Staples), and musical genius, Brian Wilson.
Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and that Beiber kid should be ashamed of themselves.